Sunday, February 19, 2012

Another Update

Well, another week has passed and my progress has been slow, but promising.  I am down another 1.5 pounds.  I have lost another inch from my waist and half an inch from my hips (those suckers are STUBBORN).  It is hard not to get discouraged when I have so far to go and the progress is so slow.  I just have to keep focused on the fact that I am heading in the right direction which is more than I could have about a month ago.  I will NEVER reveal my weight at this point, but I will tell you that I have about 30 pounds to go to reach my goal weight.  I keep doing the math in my head as to how long that will take at this rate.  There are times that I am so excited and others that I feel so depressed over how long this is going to take.  I often have to remind myself that I didn't get into this predicament over night. 
I am not on a diet; I am creating a lifestyle that is sustainable.  Today, I made pizza on a whole wheat crust.  I had a reasonable portion and felt way more satisfied that I would have eating 2+ pieces of greasy carb and fat loaded pizza a month ago.  I am still totally in love with the Advocare products.  I have a protein shake for at least one meal a day.  They honestly taste really, really good!  They have so much protein in them that I feel full for quite some time after.  I am also a complete Spark junkie.  I can't say enough good things about Spark.  I am drinking one right now.  When I hit my predicable afternoon slump and feel tired and start craving something sweet, I have a Spark.  I have a variety of flavors, so it never gets old.  I haven't touched a diet Coke since starting these products and haven't even craved one!  Spark has so many great vitamins in it.  I know it does have some artificial flavors and other things some might frown upon, but it is so much better for me that what I was putting in my body before.  I have also started eating the fiber bars, the snack bars, the breakfast bars, and the meal replacement bars once in awhile.  I try not to depend on these things too much because I know "real" food is important too.  They are all super tasty and, again, way better for me than the garbage I was putting in my body before Advocare.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, Advocare is not a miracle product.  It helped get me started and it has supported me, but I am doing the work. 
I have found that I LOVE interval training on the treadmill.  I like to do this for a 1/2 hour and then set the treadmill at an incline for another 10 minutes.  During this 10 minutes, I vary the incline from about a 10 to a 5.  I swear I can feel my butt and the backs of my legs shaping up as a I walk:)!  I have done a Zumba class, but want to get into some other classes too.  I am going to try a body combat class soon. 
The biggest difference between today and about a month ago is that today I have hope.  It feels really good! 

1 comment:

  1. and you are doing FABULOUS!! Keep up the amazing work- I am so excited for you and it sure has been a blast having someone to talk to throughout all of this :) Ill do a combat class with you:)

    ReplyDelete